Saturday, September 24, 2011

Constructing the greenhouse

I started assembling my high tunnel today. It is 12 feet wide and 16 feet long; it covers my 3 raised beds. I based it on this design.



I installed 2x6 lumber around the perimeter to attach the plastic cover to. The 1/2 plastic conduit is 20 feet long (2 ten foot sections cemented together) and is slipped over 2 foot rebar pounded into the ground. I had to grind down the top of the rebar with a grinding wheel on my drill, so the hoops would slide over them smoothly.


Here the hoops are in place. I ran one piece of conduit length wise on top and tie wrapped it to each hoop to add some rigidity.


Here is my high tunnel with the plastic cover installed. The sides are secured with strips of wooden lath.


Here is a view of the inside of the tunnel. I will be putting a door on this end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home